Thursday, February 23, 2012


The clock reads 5:00am and I roll out of bed quite cheerfully.  My mother would never believe that I'm intentionally getting up at this hour.  I understand how she loves the mornings now.  For me there's a peace in watching this home go from dark to light over a cup of coffee.  It's cozy and warm while I read my devotional and skim over it but this mornings devotional in 'Journey' doesn't seem to fit.  However, the words from last nights military bible study stick.  I'm mulling them over even now.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

This is God's word to me as my family treks through the unsure waters of the Military.  This describes a military family in the truest way.  I know in the years ahead there will be workups, deployments, moves, change, and so much more.  BUT God who having chose this small family will provide like he always has.

I moved to Chesapeake, VA a little over a year ago and I have a beautiful rental home, food to eat, well over 20 women that have blessed me greatly, an incredible mentor, am being stretched to serve in a teen girls ministry and the preschool Sundays, a church family that has taken us in, and a lot more.  This is God's doing, not my own. 
It is hard BUT he will provide.  I know that soon we'll be wading back into the waters and God has put into place all that we will need to make it through.

Maybe you're in a different career but never forget God chose you to be there.  Embrace it today and remember 2 Corinthians when you're feeling beaten up. There is hope in knowing Jesus Christ.  Thinking of you today!

~Laura

No comments: