Saturday, November 26, 2011


Romans 12:19-20
 (NIV)
19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”



A part of blogging that I dislike is that there is no one stopping you from posting too much. It's a blank page waiting for anything that's on your mind. There is no going back on what you say either.  So far in the years of posting i've had a limited number of entries I regret. For example maybe I shared a little too much or lost my cool.  
Unfortunately my last post was definitely one that I woke up the next morning kicking myself for.  Please forgive me!

I read the verse above this afternoon.  I had been struggling with a conflict and didn't know how to best handle it. I realized God continues to love me aside from all of my issues and even though I tried to justify a decision I made the other day as time went on my heart grew colder and my choice didn't seem to line up with what I knew was in God's word.  It led to a conviction that i had this afternoon to continue to love.
To live well is to have loved well i'm learning.
We are going to hurt each other because we're human but being able to love despite how we feel is God loving through us I believe.

It's a gift to be able to let go of hurt feelings.  I don't want to be a girl that holds onto grudges or refuses to forgive.  That is just not me!
I'm thankful for these lessons today.


Being a mother is such a fun job.  Of course there are moments someone is pulling my hair out (did you catch that?!) but overall it's a rewarding role.  I have this incredible little person in my care daily.  He is growing and becoming more independent and discovering the world.  I don't know if you have been around children much but they are fascinated by the most simplest things.  You develop an appreciation for the small things as well as you're following them around.  Who knew a Kleenex could hold my attention for so long! Or that bouncing a ball off the wall would result in a little man laughing his socks off practically! 
I can't wait for the years ahead for him.  I make sure to tell him it's a good thing God has given me an abundance of patience because he is too busy.

Today my friend Amy sent me a text asking if I wanted to have coffee and it was such a great time.  I always love to see her because she makes me laugh hard every time! ..and i love to laugh. We're looking forward to the bible study her husband and her will be hosting. 
It's fun to have a coffee buddy! 

Now it's time for me to hit the gym.  One day when i'm in heaven i'm going to be super excited to not have to work out! Have a wonderful evening!

I tried uploading pictures but am having some issues. The pictures are loading sideways? (Help)
   
 







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had a nickle for all the text messages, emails, chat comments, verbal mistakes, and/or all of the above, those that either I regret, caused someone pain or embarrassment, or otherwise simply should NOT have posted, I would have a new car and be free of financial worries for a lifetime! Sometimes we make inaccurate choices. We live, we mess up, we learn and move on. If we learned lessons well, we don't repeat the mistakes.

Recently I made a decision to report something that I was on the fence about. Turns out I ended up getting my rump chewed on, not for reporting it, but for allowing the discussion to take place where that incident was brought to my attention. I'm at a point where I truly believe I made the right decision, but my head spins at how much anger was behind my being chewed out. Talk about not getting a good feeling about doing the right thing, ya know? So, I rest easy knowing I would do it again, but I walk on eggshells with the conversations that take place. I'm still working it out in my head...so you aren't alone, there.

We all get there, eventually. Some of us take our time, others get there quicker. At least we are not inactive fence-sitters, right??? :-)

Btw...got my car fixed with a $70 transmission flush and filter! Runs like a champ again! LOL! Here I thought the doggone thing was destined for a new tranny.....WHO KNEW!!!

Have a great remainder of your T-day weekend, Laura.

GB

David said...

Its not the best phrase but for lack of a better one "screw em if they cant take a joke" lol oops just placed foot in mouth again. I do it on a daily basis. I must be a fool!