Saturday, October 29, 2011

happy halloween


I have been enjoying this little guy more and more each day.  Tonight we went to a Halloween party (pictures will come later!) and I said, 'Garrett, can mommy have a kiss?' and he turned his head and leaned in and pushed his mouth on my cheek.  I couldn't stop smiling! He is growing and learning and giving kisses?! I didn't even think he knew what that meant but he's catching on quickly. 

We have enjoyed his first Halloween already so much already. We went to get pumpkins, went to a party, went to an amusement park for a free fun day, and are going trick or treating this monday evening.  I realize he is way too little but we're walking around with friends and i'm looking forward to it. :)

Garrett is sleeping through the night.  I feel refreshed in the morning! We put him down and  he is sleeping until around 7am.  It took a few nights of letting him cry it out but now he understands.  We spend a great deal of time together during the day and I get to love on him plenty but at night we need our time and sleep.  I'm really thankful that this has been a smooth transition.  I don't mind the occasional getting up for emergencies but every night for the last 8 months isn't good for our family. 

~*~
I hope you have a wonderful Halloween!   

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Awwwwww!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad he's sleeping through the night for you now. Some little ones kinda take their time at that. Once you feel the effects of HIS sleep working, you'll find a lot of your days becoming much, MUCH easier. :-)

It's really wonderful that you got to spend the day with other military families enjoying Busch Gardens at no cost. (I wish this would happen EVERYwhere for all military families!)

Have a fantastic night trick or treating tomorrow!

GB