Tuesday, March 13, 2012


She is blond hair, always a smile, and an eager 'hello Laura!'.
Kellie is God smiling straight at me and blessing my obedience to Him.
I have learned a lot these last few months from her. I have loved my husband in a much better way, kept our house in order through organizing and planning meals, loved my baby boy much better, found a way to stay healthy without obsessing, and am experiencing a deeper relationship with God.
I'm blessed for knowing her and having her bring me straight to Christ time after time.

She kneels on the ground next to the couch and we talk about life, our husbands, this journey as military wives, and how to love on our children in a way that God would have us.  I want to cry as I tell her how grateful I am for knowing her.  She's another example that God has given me on how to live life joyfully and for Him.


For the last few months she has been mentoring me and doing life alongside of me and all I can say is this woman is amazing!
The other night I was getting read for bed and it hit me. 
♦This summer is going to be hard♦
1.Darren will start to go away again
2.Kellie will move away
3.Sweet Julie will be preparing to move away too
4.Isn't that enough??

I started to ask the Lord, 'why do you bring these people only to..'but I stopped immediately and thanked Him and praised him for opening my heart to these new friends and for all of this time with Darren.
He brought a friend into my life that has a strong calling to pour into the lives of others in a beautiful way.  She wants to save me from making some of the mistakes she made many years ago. She is not overbearing at all..just very loving and kind.

So here it is:
Invest in someone!
I'm 23 years old figuring out how to love God, Darren, Garrett, and others.  I'm overwhelmed at times and need guidance. Knowing that there is a friend praying me through and willing to share from their own experience is a huge blessing!
If you're older then take a younger women under your wing, don't harbor all of that wisdom for yourself, I know whoever that young girl is, that she would be grateful to have you spend yourself on her.
We need it ladies.  We need to be reminded we're not alone and there is hope. 
Don't forget God's word

Titus 2:3-5

New International Version (NIV)
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.


Being able to see this verse lived out is incredible.  Make room in your schedule for her, whoever she may be.  She is worth the time you can give to share your story.

I may be younger but it's been amazing to have a small group of girls I meet with Sunday nights through Delight Girls Ministry.  They're sweet and full of life living in one of the most awkward times of their life. (Freshman year!) I love being able to share what God has taught me with them in hopes they'll be encouraged.  It's nice to also just be there for them if they need someone to talk with.
They are worth all the time I can give.

Praying for you today!
~Laura~

No comments: