Friday, January 21, 2011



My husband is taking a nap and our home is quiet which makes now a great time to write. I have a lot on mind these days reaching far across the board, politics, news, family, my son, marriage, God, people, and the list goes on.  I admit that i'm a passionate young woman with a sharp tongue, NOT something i'm always proud of.  I also admit that after reading too much in the news i'm up in arms about the way our world is and it takes God pulling my arms down and reminding me, He is still a sovereign God. 
Do you know what the neatest thing is? When God reaches out and you didn't even ask for it.  I told you in my last post about my current funk of not spending time in my bible so i've pulled the Bible out again along with the many other resource books and journal.  I paged through a few books of the Bible that I was considering studying but ended up in Daniel.  Do you know how perfect this book is for me at this time?  I know the general story of Daniel but after digging through some passages and the history I feel God led me here on purpose.  Our world parallels the same culture Daniel was dealing with when He was taken captive along with his friends.  This book is teaching me how to remain faithful to God in a world that's sinful.  I love that God does these things for us! I didn't ask, but He knew that right now I needed to be reminded of His sovereignty and He laid the story of Daniel before me.  Thank you Lord! 

Darren and I picked a name for our son! It was not what I'd call a fun process but having a name for him is wonderful now. 
*Garrett Hudson Moore* 

Darren told me we can't have anymore boys because we don't have anymore names.  Him and I differ on taste in names, which isn't a bad thing but makes it more difficult to decide. It was fun to share with family last night.  I told my brother Anthony right away because the poor guy is left out all the time. He didn't know it was a boy for a long long long time because his sister figured he'd hear through the grapevine.  I'm thankful for my families reaction, they all said how much they liked the name.  It's hard to pick out a name and have that feeling 'what if people don't like it'.  But i'm excited that my tiny man has his own name and if he were to come now I'd be more okay with it. (But he should not see that as an invitation to come early!) My fears lately have been going to the hospital early and him not having a name.  That would be the very last thing I'd want to think about!

So this weekend is the big packer vs. bears game.  My facebook friends have began the trash talk.  Some of what they say is plain old funny while others seem to seriously loath the other team.  I am a packer fan and have always had a sweet spot for them being raised for most of my life in Wisconsin.  It will be a fun game to watch and share in the excitement with fellow packer fans. *Please don't lose, I don't think I can handle all the facebook status' if we lose. :) Darren has been a great sport in cheering alongside of me for my other team.  We are colts fans in this home and it was part of the deal when I married him that I would switch..in fact I think it's somewhere in our vows? haha just kidding! But I have enjoyed watching the colts and getting to know the players.  It's actually been fun to have two teams to cheer on.

Darren is scheduled to leave this next week for about a month.  Why is it that I was able to handle his long deployment but this short time apart has me digging my heels in?  I think it has a lot to do with being spoiled this past month with him and not wanting it to end! I'm crazy about this guy, I love when He walks through the door and finds me to give me a kiss.  I love that he makes me laugh the majority of the time he is home.  I feel like every time he comes through the door my greatest friend has just arrived.  Isn't that fun?  I don't mind waking up at five and awkwardly rolling out of bed to make some coffee and stick breakfast out for him. 
I think marriage is hard because we're human beings.  We are bound to hurt the other person eventually and it takes a lot of guts to get up and say sorry when we've said something hurtful.  The other night Darren responded to a question and it wasn't really kind even though I'd been pestering him. (Sometimes i'm annoying! Can you believe that? lol) I got up and left the room feeling hurt and frustrated.  Then a little while later he came by me and apologized.  In a split second I forgave him and we moved on.  That's all we need to hear sometimes.  I treasure that my husband is in love with me and willing to admit when he has wronged me.
In many ways Darren has reminded me of Jesus and how he is willing to forgive me in a split second when I've sinned.  He never needs time to think about it...we're forgiven right away but He needs to hear our 'sorry'.   I think marriage is easier when God is at the center of our hearts and we're putting the other person first.  I hope that this time apart from Darren will again be a time of blessing and a tool for building our marriage.

Tonight Darren and I are going on a date.  We're not sure where but i'm looking forward to dressing up and spending a nice evening with my husband.  I do realize that this could end up turning into a night in with pizza and a movie but that will be just as wonderful!

There's something else we need to talk about today. STRETCH MARKS. :) Here are a few things I've come to realize..
1. They're super itchy
2.They're not the most pretty thing but I've accepted them
3.They stretch....Just yesterday they weren't as long...
4.I love what they symbolize
5.The butters and creams failed but I like putting them on still just in case maybe they'll pull through and I will wake up one morning to no marks. :)
6.They make my stomach look funny on top of the already big ball of cuteness but they're my mommy marks and I'm okay with the inevitable pudgy to come.  It may take some getting used to but I realize that i'm still beautiful to Christ and my Husband.  


JUST FOR FUN:
I know that this should be a post of its own so i'm going to post tomorrow, but would you like to see a glimpse of my dream home? I've been watching HGTV, TLC, and browsing decorating websites which have all left me inspired to fix up the house I don't have.  The military limits the amount of work you put into your home because you know the boxes will be coming out soon.  I'm okay with that but sometimes I really wish we lived in a home in the country and could fix it up.  Maybe one day? I thought it'd be fun to take to my blog to create the home I don't have because the inspiration need to come out somewhere!  So I hope you'll stop in tomorrow and join me in dreaming. :) If not I hope you have a GREAT weekend!
Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura- I love reading your posts. They make me happy! You are an inspiration to me and my relationship with the Lord and my boyfriend. Good luck with Darren and your baby :)

Anonymous said...

Just you keep those creams and butters and stretch marks stuff going! After your son -- I mean, after Garrett arrives, your skin will thank you. Your tummy will retain much of its elasticity with the aid of those amazing miracles in a jar and you'll see those reminders fade in a matter of months. :-)

But seriously...you're gonna write a book, right? I sure hope so...I always enjoy what you share with all of us who read. Very uplifting, thoughtful, though-provoking, and altogether heartwarming. You do have a gift, and you have a warm perspective that others need to see. Think about it..pray about it.

Looking forward to tomorrow's dream home. :-)